As with other types of accidents, determining who is at fault in a traffic accident really comes down to one thing: who was negligent? An experienced accident attorney will look to police reports, state traffic laws, and witnesses, to help determine who exactly was at fault. Currently, courts look to a number of factors in determining whether an automobile driver was negligent, including:
- Disobeying traffic signals or signs
- Not signaling while turning
- Driving on the wrong side of the road
- Driving below or above the posted speed limit
- Disregarding traffic or weather conditions
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
Initial consultations on auto accident cases are FREE and there is NEVER a fee until there is a settlement or jury verdict in your favor.
Interested in learning more?
- Maryland Auto Accidents -Frequently Asked Questions
- Contact us for a free evaluation
- Return to Maryland Auto Accident help center
Proudly serving the needs of auto accident victims the Baltimore region, Washington DC area, Western Maryland and the Eastern Shore of Maryland… including Salisbury, Frederick, Cumberland, Annapolis, Hagerstown, Rockville, Gaithersburg, Germantown, Towson, Annapolis, Glen Burnie, Laurel and other cities throughout the state of Maryland.
Our personal injury law firm also handles cases for accident victims who are located in various counties throughout the state of Maryland, such as Montgomery County, Baltimore County, Frederick County, Howard County, Harford County, Anne Arundel County, Prince George’s County and others.