Frequently Asked Questions About Workers’ Compensation Benefits

Question: The Workers’ Compensation claim that I filed on my own has been denied. What can I do now?

Answer: You can call us for a free, confidential assessment of your case. If we feel your claim has merit and we accept your case, we will file an appeal. Our appeal has an advantage over your original filing, in that we have years of experience dealing with the very complicated Workers’ Compensation benefit process and we will work to obtain the best benefit package for you and for your family’s needs. Because an appeal needs to be filed within 30 days of the mailing of the denial order to you, it is important that you speak with us as soon as you receive your denial order from the Workers’ Compensation Commission.

Question: I was receiving benefits but now they have been terminated. Is there anything I can do?

Answer: It is best for an experienced Workers’ Compensation attorney to take a look at your case to see if there is a possibility that you can have your benefits reinstated. Because the rules of Workers’ Compensation are very specialized, an experienced attorney who has dealt with hundreds of similar claims has the knowledge to guide you toward the resolution that is best for your particular situation, and to make sure you receive every benefit that you deserve. If a hearing or re-hearing is scheduled to evaluate your case, we will represent you at the hearing.

 Question: My employer wants me to go back to work too soon following my accident. Do I have any recourse?

Answer: Our attorneys have experience evaluating your entire case from your accident reports, doctors’ treatment and prognosis reports, and other professional assessments. You may have sustained a permanent injury, or a slow-healing injury that makes it impossible or very difficult for you to return to work quickly. You may need additional or even permanent medical care, and/or job retraining to re-enter the workforce. Schedule a free and confidential consultation with us, so that we can provide you with an objective assessment of your rights and the choices that would be best in your specific situation.

Call our law firm today to schedule a free, confidential consultation at 1-800-776-4LAW (4529) for a confidential assessment of your case. The sooner you call following an incident, the better are your chances for financial recovery.